Monday, January 11, 2016

It's been a rough couple weeks for this little girl. She's got a yeast infection that is very persistent and medication resistant. We've gone to several doctor's appointments and used several different medications, but it's still hanging around and giving this poor baby girl a lot of grief. As a result, we've done a lot of cuddling. She doesn't let us do this often, so we love it while we can.





She also got shots this week, and needed some daddy cuddles. Daddy wasn't home (he was at work) so I handed her the teddy bear her daddy gave her. Look at that smile. She had it on her face as soon as I handed her the bear. A little bit of daddy's love when she needed it



I gave her a bath after her shots, thinking that the lower half of her body must be hurting pretty bad, with the yeast infection and 4 mean pokes. I filled the sink, and she promptly pooped in it. She didn't seem to mind, but now the baby was sitting in very poopy water with recent shot sites and a very bad yeast infection with open, weeping, bleeding sores on it. I drained the water, soaped her down, cleaned the sink, and started the bath over again. Little baby was just waiting for me to do that, because she pooped again! At this point I was just laughing, and really hoping I wasn't hurting her poor bummy sores with the poopy water. I repeated the process, and this time she didn't dirty the water and she was able to soak in the warm water. I think she enjoyed it. In fact, I think she thought it was like a spa and was loved getting pampered. Look at this picture I took of her:


Little lounger!! So cute though. And as far as we can tell her bum is no worse for the wear from sitting in poopy water.

She has also started feeding herself. Which means lots of messes!!








No comments:

Post a Comment