Sunday, October 8, 2017



Being a big sister is exhausting!!


So is being a dad!


And the cutest baby boy ever. He is over 16 pounds now. He is so big! He may or may not be wearing size 12 month clothing...and he isn't even officially 3 months yet (that happens tomorrow). He is a very needy and high maintenance baby. If he isn't sleeping, he's eating. And those times when he's not doing either he's crying. He loves to be held and cuddled, though he has to be held just right. Its a learning process for me to be able to balance two kids, one who is high energy and the other who constantly needs held. Addie didn't like being held (we couldn't even feed her her bottle while we held her, we had to lay her down otherwise she wouldn't eat!) Lots of trial and error, lots of experimenting, maybe some tears, but we are slowly getting there. As Xander gets older he is able to be more independent and Addie is getting better at playing by herself, which makes things easier.

We have started getting smiles though! And some giggles!



I took Addie on a mommy/daughter date, grocery shopping of all things. But she loved it. She got to have her own Addie sized cart, and I let her bring her purse that she loves to carry around, even though it is empty. She loves to be just like mom. She was so excited.


Xander and my dad, Grandpa Hilton. Xander prefers men. He is definitely a daddy's boy- Addie is a mommy's girl so its all good. Jaron can get him to settle down in minutes after I've been trying for hours. I tell Jaron he should be the mom and I'll go to medical school ;) I'm sure he'd be a great mom, but I have my doubts about me passing medical school. 



No comments:

Post a Comment