Tuesday, March 7, 2017

We are doing better. Jaron and I are over the sickness and it never got as severe as Addie's. Addie is doing a lot better. Her appetite is slowly coming back and the last time she threw up was on Sunday. Fingers crossed it stays that way! She is still having constant diarrhea but is keeping in enough fluids that I'm not worried about her being dehydrated. Her doctor was concerned that she might have something nastier than a simple virus because of how long it has lasted (going on 9 days). Her culture came back positive for rotavirus and negative for all parasites and bacterial infections, though I really didn't think it was any of those. Just have to let it run it's course and make sure she doesn't get dehydrated. We sure had some scary days last week with her getting dehydrated; we are so grateful she is willingly drinking again!

My mother and sister who came up to help, my mom twice, were absolute angels. I don't think we could have done it without them! And we only have one kid! I shudder to think what this would have been like with multiple kids. I'm sure my time will come. We received a lot of help and lots of offers to help, and I hope someday we will jump to help others when they are in the position we were in. Even just knowing there were people I could call on if I needed it made things easier.

Jaron's parents come in town tomorrow for a week long visit- planned many months ago before we got sick. Hopefully Addie is passed the contagious stage and won't get them sick! But I think Addie will be totally well any day now. She has her personality back and the diarrhea episodes are a little less each day. And thank goodness she is sleeping through the night again!

Thanks to everyone again for all the help and support. I am so glad for family close and for visiting teachers and friends from Relief Society. We are so grateful that the church will always be there everywhere we go.

1 comment: