Friday, March 24, 2017

Pictures!! At the end of spring break we took a quick family trip to Niagra Falls. Very cold, but bright and sunny. We had the place to ourselves and we loved it. 




I think that Addie looks like a little baby bandit here.




She loves to push her own stroller. Really, its just as effective as having her in the stroller. 



We got Addie a maple syrup lollipop. I think we discovered her favorite candy. It had two ingredients: pure maple syrup and sugar. Yep, that's an Addie candy.  



In our hotel. The lack of toys did not discourage her at all: the cubby that probably was supposed to hold a microwave became Addie's cave. I love her toes poking out.



Photo taken today when we picked up Jaron from school. We got there a few minutes early and surprised him with a frosty. Addie loves to run around on the grounds and this ledge here along the building is her favorite place to sit.





And finally, some Addie loves.



Update on us: We are doing well. Mostly healthy. Jaron has been bogged down with the flu this week, but thus far Addie has had only minor symptoms and I have escaped it completely. I'm really hoping its an east coast bug that I've already had before. Fingers crossed that I won't get it! Pregnancy is going well. Baby boy loves to wiggle, but nothing like his sister did. 

Fun Addie story? She is in a toddler bed and likes get out and fall asleep in front of her door. We think she is trying to see through the crack under the door. I've stopped trying to fight it; pick your battles. At least she's sleeping. Well, also by the door was the trash can that holds all her diapers. I guess she was a little bored one day this week during nap time and got into a poopy diaper. She smeared it all over the carpet and herself. The worst part? It was dried when she woke up. So she had gotten into it before her nap and then slept for an hour and a half covered in poop!!! Poor Addie knew she was in trouble without me saying anything. She wouldn't even look at me. She got a bath and a good scrub down. The carpet was cleaned. She got a good talking to from mom and dad - for about an hour afterward she kept saying "poopoo no-no" and shaking her head. I think she got the message. We now keep the trash can outside of her room. It was one of those mommy moments where I probably should have taken a picture for later but all I could think about was that my baby was covered in poop and how on earth am I going to clean her? 

Another story about Addie getting into something she shouldn't...she learned how to turn the stove on without us knowing. The other day she turned on an element just as we were sitting down for lunch. After the prayer the fire alarm goes off. We check the kitchen and left on the stove was a pan of cookies now very black. I'm just glad we were home and caught it all before it was worse. We were sure it was Addie, but as I was cooking dinner that night she came and did it again right in front of me: yep, she takes full credit. We immediately ordered covers for the knobs and our kitchen is baby proof once again. For now.


No comments:

Post a Comment