Monday, December 14, 2015

Because everyone always needs an Addie fix...








She is getting so big now. She rolls over without motivating her with toys, the props herself up on her arms and knees and is so close to crawling, it'll probably be any day now. If you help her hold herself up she will move her arms and legs in crawling fashion. She just needs a little bit more strength to hold herself up, and she's got it!

She's got the prettiest smile that instantly make any day better. She is so smart, figuring things out. She has really good coordination with her hands, passing one toy to the other and and back. She will grab moving objects in front of her, and she can put her own pacifier in- the right way! But only when she wants to. Most of the time she is just content to chew on the side. She can feed a herself a  bottle, but again only when she wants to. She gets tired of it quickly and is content to let mommy finish.

She loves board books and will let me read her books for almost an hour straight. She follows my finger and looks at the pictures. She also loves her reindeer book that her Grandma and Papa Hansen got her. It has a little reindeer finger puppet attached to it, and she giggles when we read it to her.

She recognizes faces really well now, and has a fun time with her aunts Jenna and Jamie- they are identical twins! When they are together she looks from one to the other and back again, trying to figure them out. We went to my cousin's wedding reception earlier this week and she was also quite taken with my Uncle Allen, my dad's identical twin. She recognized him (or at least my dad) and was happy to see a familiar face.

We've also started separation anxiety. Especially if she is tired, she does not want to be away from those she knows! She will cry and look at me with a wounded expression like I gave her away. She also doesn't like me to be out of sight, even if I'm just behind her. I have to keep talking to her to let her know I'm there, or she will fuss until she sees me again.

We are in love with this little girl, and we thank our Heavenly Father for her every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment